Portland, ME, 04101
Join us for this important live webinar on raising money for your business, sponsored by Gorham Savings Bank. Access to capital remains an important requirement to start or grow your business. Whether you are starting a new business or expanding an existing one, finding the necessary financing and capital is a challenge. This webinar provides important information on the potential sources of financing.
Topics will include:
• The difference between a “gift”, a “loan” and an investment
• How and where to seek a grant, SBA guarantee, or micro loan
• Learn what the bank will expect of you and what you will have to do to get a bank loan
• The six “C’s” of bank lending, and what may be available in the way of collateral or credit enhancement
• What it means to take on investors, and what they look for
• Crowdfunding and whether it makes sense for your business
Joe Powers has startup experience across many different roles (Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Operations) and companies, including spending six years working for Tesla at various locations around the world. Joe has an MBA from Dartmouth's Tuck School of Business and currently works as Managing Director at Maine Venture Fund.
Julie Viola joined Gorham Savings Bank in December of 2001, leaving Seafax to take on the role of Vice President and Commercial Lender. In 2008 she helped establish the Business Banking Department, which is responsible for the small business portfolio, a large commercial portfolio and accounts receivable financing. In April 2016, Julie was promoted to Business Banking Lending Manager. She is responsible for a sales team and her own loan portfolio. A Portland, Maine native, Julie earned a B.S. from Bentley University and MBA from Thomas College.