This online workshop will show you how to conveniently find in-depth information to help you establish credibility as you launch or grow your business or nonprofit. Use online research tools which can be accessed (with your PPL card) either at the library or from home to save you time and money.
Participants will learn how to:
- Access full business plans and templates
- Build marketing strategies utilizing demographic and expenditure reports
- Efficiently compile phone, email and social media contacts
- Find out consumer spending behavior specific to geographic location (eg: How much does the average person in Portland spend on baked goods per year?)
- Learn about your competition (e.g. how many employees they have, current and past annual revenue, credit rating)
- Read full text trade journals and popular magazines in the areas of business and industry
- Download and print legal forms
Your Presenter: Myles Robert
Myles is the Business & Government Librarian for the Portland Public Library. Before joining the library, he was a workforce specialist at the Career Center in Augusta. He believes entrepreneurship and innovative small business partnerships are at the heart of growing Maine’s economy.